POSTER & PODIUM COMPETITION
2019 Annual Spring Meeting Information
The Texas Dermatological Society Annual Spring Meeting will be held May 17-18, 2019 at the Marriott Marquis in Houston, TX
As a society benefit, TDS is offering financial assistance for housing for resident members of the Society (excluding local residents).
To apply for financial assistance please pick up the Resident Reimbursement Form at the TDS Registration Desk on-site at the conference.
TDS also invites you to participate in the Podium & Poster Competition.
Guidelines for Podium and Poster Competition
Podium Competition: All presenters must submit an abstract of no more than one typewritten, double spaced page for the syllabus & abstract booklet. This abstract does not have to include sources. If the sources fit within the one page limit, then they can be added. Prizes will be awarded for 1st ($500), 2nd ($300) and 3rd place ($200), as well as certificates.
Poster Competition: The poster presentations should present scientific information utilizing narrative material, photographs, charts, diagrams, etc. Prizes will be awarded for 1st ($500), 2nd ($300), & 3rd place ($200), as well as certificates.
*You may enter both competitions but the topics must be different.*
*You can ONLY submit ONE abstract for a poster & ONE abstract for a podium. Topics HAVE to be completely different for the poster & the podium.*
***IMPORTANT - NEW THIS YEAR - PLEASE READ!***
The TDS Office will be printing all posters this year. Do not print your poster. When you register for the conference you must pay the $20 poster printing fee.
For printing purposes, you must send a high-resolution PDF (24" x 36") to email@example.com no later than April 26th.
Application Procedures & General Rules
· Topics - Posters can be of either original research or case presentations. Posters should include photos & data/discussion, similar to “centerfold cases” in the Archives of Dermatology.
· Applicants simply need to submit an application form to reserve their spot in the poster competition.
· Dermatology Residents must be members of TDS (or submit an application).
· Medical students, fellows & non-Texas current residents are eligible to present, however, are not eligible to win. Priority will be given to current 2019 Texas Residents.
· Published material should not be submitted.
· Posters previously shown at other dermatology meetings (including an AAD meeting) are allowed, however applicants should not submit posters that include material that has already been presented at previous TDS meetings.
· All winners’ abstracts will be published in the next issue of The Texas Dermatologist.
Housing Stipend information - Pick up the Resident Reimbursement Form onsite at the TDS Registration Desk
· TDS residents attending the conference are eligible for a one-night hotel reimbursement at the host hotel. If the host hotel is sold out, residents can submit reimbursement from a comparable hotel with prior approval from TDS Executive Director.
· Only current Texas Residents who are TDS members can apply for and receive the stipend.
· Residents who reside in the city where the meeting is taking place are not eligible for the housing stipend.
· The TDS will only reimburse for one nights hotel rate, applicable taxes, resort fees (if applicable) and self-parking. If valet parking/food/extra charges are submitted for reimbursement, the TDS will deduct the appropriate amount and reimburse for only eligible expenses.
You do not have to enter the Podium or Poster Competition to apply for the housing stipend.
Please contact the TDS office (512-370-1502) or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Podium and Poster Competition Application
Resident Reimbursement Form - PICK UP AT THE TDS REGISTRATION DESK ONSITE!
Click here for a resident membership application. It’s free to join!
Have you finished your Residency this year? Elevate your membership. Membership dues are waived the first year after completing residency/fellowships. Call the TDS Office to elevate your membership.