DermTech Dermatology Mohs Physician – Assistant/Associate Professor
Department of Dermatology | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
The Department of Dermatology at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) School of Medicine is seeking an academic dermatologist to join the active and growing department in Lubbock, Texas. The Assistant Professor in Dermatology Mohs will contribute to the university’s mission through teaching, research, and service, some variation by academic unit. This position reports to the Department Chair and will serve as the Surgical Director for the Dermatology Residency Program at TTUHSC.
The Department of Dermatology is a major referral center for a vast region between Dallas, Texas, and Albuquerque, New Mexico. The objective of this position is to expand access to general department-wide Dermatological services and continue to provide excellent patient care and excellent educational opportunities to residents. This particular position will begin at 5 Mohs clinics per week and 3 General Dermatology clinics per week. Research and educational/teaching opportunities can be arranged depending upon candidate interest.
This position will be based at our Main Campus location in Lubbock, Texas, with some care being provided at the outpatient VA medical clinic adjacent to the campus. Current call schedule is a weekly assignment with the year being divided equally among the attendings. This position will enable the current faculty to expand their availability for general Dermatology while continuing to provide Mohs surgery to a large referral base. In addition, this will proportionally decrease hospital/ER call for existing faculty.
Where You’ll Work:
- TTUHSC is recognized as a "Great College to Work For" and one of the “Best Companies to Work for in Texas®.”
- State-of-the-art Facilities: Current space within the TTUHSC School of Medicine is comprised of 8 Mohs surgery rooms, in-house pathology laboratory space, 11 additional exam rooms in addition to patient check in/out and waiting areas, physician office space, Dermatopathology Laboratory, Conference room/Library, Laboratory, and resident rooms.
- Work Schedule: 5 half-days of Mohs clinics; 2 half-days general Dermatology Clinic, 1 half-day of VA clinic.
- Dermatology Patient Caseload: The department saw 22,226 visits in FY 21. As of May 2022, there have been 20,783 visits. The department averages over 700 cases of Mohs surgery per year.
- Texas Tech Physicians of Lubbock is the largest medical practice in West Texas.
- Electronic Health Record System: Cerner available at main campus HSC; CPRS available at VA clinic.
- Competitive salary, exceptional state benefits including paid malpractice, PTO, vacation and sick leave, CME/Professional Development, and relocation expenses. Faculty participation in regional and national organizations is supported and encouraged. Rank commensurate with experience and qualification.
- Career Path: Career advancement and promotional opportunities in Dermatology Leadership based on your specialty interest.
- Live in a Top-Rated City: Located in a region unlike any other in the Lone Star State, Lubbock’s natural beauty is surrounded by roaming bands of bison, orange sandstone canyons, and valleys blanketed by verdant cottonwood trees and flowering cactuses. Lubbock offers a mild climate with 260 days of sunshine per year, low cost of living, and high-quality public and private schools. Lubbock is conveniently located to major metropolitan cities like Dallas, Houston, and Denver and just a short drive to ski resorts in New Mexico and Colorado. With the amenities of a university town and year-round outdoor adventures, the diverse entertainment and leisure opportunities in this “Hub City” are endless.
TTUHSC is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute through their research, teaching and/or service to the diversity and excellence of the academic community.
- MD or DO degree required.
- Board Certified or Board eligible by American Board of Dermatology.
- Texas state medical license or eligibility for medical licensure in the state of Texas.
- Micrographic Surgery & Dermatologic Oncology (Mohs) fellowship trained, preferred (Upon completion of a Dermatology Residency).
- Qualifications for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor or higher.
- Where Applicable- Employee shall be currently board certified in his or her specialty or demonstrate active pursuit of board certification as defined by the appropriate specialty board of the American Board of Medical Specialties or the Bureau of Osteopathic Specialists.
The Texas Tech University System proudly participates with the Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS). Health and benefits programs offered through ERS are designed to enhance the lives of our team members, in return for helping to make the Texas Tech University System and its universities a great place to work.
TTUHSC strongly encourages applications from all qualified applicants, including women and minorities. TTUHSC offers excellent salary and benefits with an incentive plan.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please inquire with an updated copy of your CV and a letter of interest. All inquiries should be sent to Eric Dickerson: email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org
Managing Director & Sr. Practice Leader
Kaye/Bassman International Corp.
Phone: (972) 265-5245 – Direct | Email: email@example.com
TTUHSC has partnered with Kaye/Bassman to fill this position for the Department of Dermatology. TTUHSC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and welcomes and encourages applications from women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.